Join our volunteer team to help us run successful drop-in sessions and keep our organisation running. Meet new people, gain new skills and make a difference to local people with Visual Impairments
We have a flexible approach to volunteering and a variety of roles available to suit individuals who want to get involved.
Could you help?
- Provide Peer Support to other people with Visual Impairments
- Share your IT knowledge with people with VIs.
- Welcome people to our drop-in’s and look after them.
- Help with our admin to keep us running smoothly.
- Publicise our activities so more people can benefit from our work.
- Organise an event and raise vital funds.
- Be a trustee and help manage the charity.
We reimburse expenses and offer full induction and training opportunities.
Here are our current volunteer roles, click on the links for more information about each role. Roles for visually impaired volunteers;
Roles for sighted volunteers;
Roles for all;
- Collection Box Coordinator
- Website Developer
- Admin Support
- Marketing Assistant
- Fundraising and Events Organisers
- Social Media Assistant
Or is there another way you would like to help us? Please contact Claire Drake, Volunteer Coordinator firstname.lastname@example.org 07780 054245
Volunteer Week Open Day Wednesday 5th June 2019, 10am – 12pm, at our offices at Brian Jackson House, New North Parade, Huddersfield, HD1 5JP Come along to find out about our volunteering opportunities and meet our friendly team of volunteers. We are especially looking to welcome potential volunteers with Visual Impairments, but everyone is welcome.
A Volunteers Story
Sam is a registered blind mum from Kirklees, who has been volunteering for KVIN since June 2017.
She says, ‘I met a KVIN volunteer through social media, who suggested I might like to get involved. I now run the organisations social media and offer peer support. Since joining the charity I have had the opportunity to learn new skills such as website building, and made a number of new friends. I would definitely recommend volunteering to others. ‘