Anyone who is struggling with their eyesight is welcome to join our drop-in service where they can find a friendly welcome and positive peer support.
Our drop-in services are run by volunteers who have visual impairments themselves, they can help with anything from emotional support, to practical tips to help you live independenly or to technological support to make sure you can keep using your phone, tablet or laptop.
At our drop in sessions we;
- offer social and emotional support in a relaxed environment.
- listen to what you want to do.
- offer support and training in the use of various magnification products and technology.
- encourage you to try equipment before you buy it.
- work with you to find cost effective solutions to suit your individual needs.
We can get you started and confident to do what you want to do, for example we can help with:
- sending and receiving emails
- using Facebook and other social media
- searching the internet
- getting out and about
- keeping up to date with the news
- reading books
- listening to music
Come along to see us anytime we are open or contact us for more information with the option to book an appointment.
Huddersfield: Kirklees Visual Impairment Network, LG12, Brian Jackson House, 2 New North Parade, Huddersfield, HD1 5JP. Every Wednesday, Thursday & Friday, 10am until 4pm. Join us for Coffee, Cake and Chat social drop-in Every Wednesday from 1-3pm in Huddersfield.
Dewsbury: Dewsbury Town Hall, Wakefield Old Rd, WF12 8DG. Every Thursday, 11am until 2pm.
Batley: Jo Cox House, 90 Commercial Street, Batley, WF17 5DS. Every Friday 9.30am until 12.30pm