Here is a summary of KVIN’s past year with some interesting statistics;
- We ran 225 drop-in sessions across 3 locations: Huddersfield, Dewsbury and Batley.
- We had contact with and supported people with sight loss, their families and support networks and professionals on more than 700 occasions.
- 80 new people with sight loss join our drop-in services.
- Approximately 120 people with sight loss used our services.
- We have 5 members of staff working part-time, 4 were recruited.
- A team of 23 volunteers collectively run our services; 11 have Visual impairments, 12 are sighted.
- We recruited 16 new volunteers.
- An additional 18 volunteers helped us with events.
- Volunteers contributed at least 3772 hours, equivalent to 2 full time workers.
What a busy year we have had!