The service is a free telephone counselling support service that operates 8am-8pm, 7 days a week and includes text and live online chat facilities as well as translation options.
Call the service on 0808 196 3833, or use text or online live chat at griefandlosswyh.co.uk. Translation services are available.
The support service is staffed by experienced counsellors who offer information, advice and emotional support, as well as signposting into local place based services for longer term/specific counselling or other support.
The service is available to everyone living in West Yorkshire and Harrogate.
The service is for anyone who is experiencing loss of any kind and the grief and emotional distress that loss may cause. We know that loss is a very generic term and we want people to know that support is available for emotional distress caused by any form of loss. It can mean:
- Loss of a loved one
- Loss of identity or role within a family unit
- Loss of job
- Loss of income
- Loss of a pet
- Loss of a personal relationship
- Feeling surrounded by grief and loss in your workplace
- Historic loss from many months, years or decades ago
- Potential loss or fear of loss happening in the future