At KVIN, the wellbeing of our service users, volunteers and staff is always our priority. Given the rapidly developing situation in relation to corona virus, we want to share the following information with you. As of Wednesday, 18th March 2020, KVIN will be suspending all face to face services across all our 3 sites. This means that our Huddersfield, Dewsbury and Batley drop in service, will not operate until further notice. As you will appreciate, we have not taken this decision lightly.
At present KVIN staff are continuing to work support our volunteers and service users, we are;
- Remaining active on our social media channels to give updates.
- Actively checking our KVIN Support What’s app group, if you would like to join this group contact us and we will add you.
- Making regular phone calls to volunteers and service users.
- Providing group chat sessions on a weekly basis (see further details below)
- Provide practical support such as food shopping or prescription collections and dropping at your doorstep, contact us if you need help with this.
- Referring service users to other support services as required.
Our staff and volunteers are continuing to work, providing telephone and email support – but not face to face. From Friday 20th March onwards, the KVIN landline number will no longer be available as staff will be working from home remotely. Our staff and volunteers will be working Weds-Fri weekly and are contactable by mobile or email;
- Christine Stephen 07765 344244 email@example.com
- Claire Drake 07708 054245 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mark Owen 07564 681920 email@example.com
- Dan Owen 07564 681933 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sam Heaton email@example.com
- David Quarmby 07828 212555 firstname.lastname@example.org
Below are some phone numbers of several services that you may find useful. Please contact us if you need help accessing these services:
- Kirklees Gateway to Care – 01484 414933
- NHS helpline – 111 – please do not go to GPs!
- Nicki Rowe (ECLO for Dewsbury Hospital): 07808 735 748
- Alice Elliot (ECLO for Huddersfield Royal Infirmary): 07711 920 494
- Silverline – helpline and telephone befriending for over 50’s (0800 4 70 80 90)
- Free Talking Book Libraries (Calibre – 01296 432339), RNIB (0303 123 9999). With 20,000+ titles, there’s something for you to keep occupied.
- Kirklees Talking News from Kirklees Transcription service 01484 221955 email@example.com
- Stores doing home delivery via phone – Iceland – 0800 328 0800 or Boots – 0345 070 8090
- Wiltshire Farm Foods – frozen meals home delivered – 0800 077 3100
Continue to check our website and social media channels regularly for updates.
Group Chat sessions We are planning on running 3 group chats a week, starting on 25th March 2020, where we can join together as a group and support each other. These will be run though an app called Zoom Cloud Meetings which can be used on smart phones, tablets and laptops. We will provide further details of how to join these chats soon, in the meantime, download Zoom Cloud Meetings if you can and await further instruction. The group chats will last for 40 minutes and happen on;
- Wednesdays 1pm
- Thursdays 11am
- Fridays 11am
You are welcome to join whichever chat you would prefer, or all of them, all from the comfort of your home. Please be aware that we will need to be mindful of everyone joining in the chat, so to remember to say your name before you speak and to try not to interrupt others speaking. A member of staff or volunteer will lead each chat and start by getting everyone to introduce themselves alphabetically by name and get the chat started on a theme or question, suggestions welcome. Please listen to the audio file here which will explain more about the group chat sessions we are planning;