At the moment we are delivering a wide range of virtual services instead of face to face services so that we can continue to support our community during the Covid-19 crisis. As this is set to continue for the foreseeable future we are expanding our group chats by provide additional information sessions with guest speakers to share useful information about services and technology.
These will be run by other organisations such as other sight loss charities, technology companies offering demonstrations and from our team of volunteers sharing their knowledge and insight. So for we have the following sessions booked in;
- Friday the 20th November, we will be joined by our very own Terry during the 11 am zoom chat who will be talking about the top tips he has been sharing on YouTube. You can hear more on the day or check out is videos here Terry’s Top Tips.
- Wednesday 25th November, Mark will host a member led topic discussion about the options for audio and talking books ahead of the Book Club starting on 1st December.
- Friday 27th November, Maqsood Sheikh the Regional Campaigns Officer from the RNIB will talk to us about the campaigning work that RNIB is undertaking. He’ll be sharing ideas about how we can get involved. Whether it’s pavement parking or access to goods and services, there’s bound to be an issue that’s of interest to you.
- Wednesday 2nd December, Alice Elliot Eye Clinic Liaison Officer for Huddersfield will join us for an update on the Eye Clinics at the moment and things the ECLO’s can help with at the moment, its also a chance to ask any sight loss related questions.
- Thursday 17th December, Emma Scott from Calibre will join us on to share information on Calibre’s audio book service. This free service offers a wide range of audio books through their app and website or via CD and USB sticks.
These will run during our existing Zoom Chats which are open to anyone with sight loss in the Kirklees area to join in. If you’d like to join in, get in touch.
We will continue to book further sessions in and keep you updated via Social Media about these. If you have any ideas of topics, please get in touch!