We are running a 6-month project called Training Titans offering a free training programme to build the skills people with Visual Impairments need to get them back into learning or work.
We need friendly and welcoming people to help support the Training Titans programme 1 day a week on Tuesdays between January and May 2020. You will help to make sure that the training sessions run smoothly by providing sighted guiding assistance, providing refreshments and helping with lunch, help with completing paperwork, supporting people to complete training such as e Learning and generally be available to help out where needed.
You will be working alongside a staff team and participants with Visual Impairments.
Who you are:
- You enjoy meeting people and are enthusiastic and friendly.
- You can communicate well within a team and are a team player.
- You have some experience in a voluntary or work capacity in an administration or support role.
- You may have experience in training, education or mentoring.
- You can handle information confidentially and sensitively.
- You want to give your time to KVIN to benefit local people with Visual Impairments.
What you will gain:
- Increased confidence in working with people, meet new people, make friends and enjoy yourself.
- Gain experience working with people with Visual Impairments Become part of a friendly and dedicated team.
- Gain skills and experience for your career, including
- Sighted Guide Training which will mean you can guide people from the Train or Bus station.
- Have the opportunity to share use your existing skills to benefit the project and participants.
- You will need 2 references before you can start this role.
- An induction to the organisation and role will be provided.
- Travel expenses will be reimbursed and any other out of pocket expenses incurred.
- You will be undertaking your role in spaces where Guide Dogs may be present.
- KVIN have a flexible approach to volunteering and have a variety of roles available to suit individuals who want to get involved. Flexible commitment from 3 hours per week.
For more information or to register your interest, contact Claire Drake, Volunteer Coordinator firstname.lastname@example.org 07780 054245